While the chance of being robbed in St Helens is very low, we
should all take steps to make ourselves less of a target.
Protect yourself from theft
- When out and about, keep your bag closed and close to your
body, and never leave it unattended.
- Use a purse cable to keep your purse or wallet attached to you.
Purse bells will also alert you to any unwanted attention.
- Use cash machines in a well lit areas, keep your pin code
covered, and don't let anybody peer over your shoulder. Put your
cash away as soon as possible.
- Use a card protector - now that contactless payments can be
made up to £100, keep your card inside a card protector to prevent
- If your cards are stolen cancel or deactivate them straight
away, do not wait until you get home.
- Trust your instincts - if something feels wrong, and you feel
like you are being followed, find sanctuary in a shop and ask to an
employee for help.
- Remember to register your valuables on imobilise.com