Am I being abused?
Consider these questions.....
- Is your partner excessively jealous and possessive?
- Are they charming one minute and abusive the next? sudden
changes of mood - like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
- Do they stop you from speaking to your family and friends? Do
you feel isolated for reasons other than COVID-19?
- Do they constantly criticizing you and putting you down in
- Does your partner embarrass you, often in front of family and
friends, so that you are seen in a bad light?
- Does your partner play mind games and make you unsure of your
- Do they tell you you're useless and couldn't cope without
- Do they control your money?
- Does your partner tell you what to wear, who to see, where to
go, what to think?
- Does your partner pressure you to have sex when you don't want
- Are you starting to walk on eggshells to avoid making them
- Does they monitor your movements? Or check up on you via your
email, Facebook, Twitter or by looking at your text messages?
- Do they use anger and intimidation to frighten you and make you
comply with demands?
- Has your partner ever threatened you, or intimidated you by
using violent language or smashing up the furniture?
- Are you forced to alter your behaviour because you are
frightened of your partner's reaction?
- Are you blamed for their behaviour e.g. they say you were
"asking for it" or deserved the abuse?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions,
then you may be experiencing domestic violence. Abuse is a crime
and it is never your fault.
You don't have to deal with this alone. We are here to