Don't give them any credit, stay safe using cash
- Daylight savings: Use cash machines during the
day if you have to, or better still, inside a bank.
- Stay busy: Don't use machines which are
isolated, stick to busy spots which are well lit.
- Got your number: Shield the keyboard with your
free hand so that no one can see your pin.
- Too close for comfort: If someone starts
distracting you or stands close by, cancel the transaction and walk
- Stash your cash: If you have withdrawn money,
put it away immediately.
- Strange sightings: Be on the lookout for
raised keypads or unusual fittings - a sign that skimming devices
that read card details and PIN numbers have been fitted to the