Sometimes it's hard to know for sure
what you can reasonably expect when you're in a relationship with
someone. Here are 10 basic respectful behaviours everyone has the
(1) Treats you with
(2) Doesn't make fun of things you like or want
(3) Never puts you down.
(4) Doesn't get angry if you spend time with your
friends or family.
(5) Isn't excessively negative.
(6) Isn't afraid to share their thoughts and
(7) Respects your boundaries and does not abuse
(8) Doesn't require you to "check in" or need to
know where you are all the time.
(9) Is caring and honest.
(10) Doesn't constantly accuse you of cheating or
If you're partner isn't
treating you like the above, here's some of the signs of coercive control
and how to get help.