Am I being abused?
Consider these questions.....
- Is your partner excessively jealous and possessive?
- Are they charming one minute and abusive the next? sudden
changes of mood - like Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde?
- Do they stop you from speaking to your family and friends? Do
you feel isolated?
- Do they constantly criticizing you and putting you down in
- Does your partner embarrass you, often in front of family and
friends, so that you are seen in a bad light?
- Does your partner play mind games and make you unsure of your
- Do they tell you you're useless and couldn't cope without
- Do they control your money?
- Does your partner tell you what to wear, who to see, where to
go, what to think?
- Does your partner pressure you to have sex when you don't want
- Are you starting to walk on eggshells to avoid making them
- Does they monitor your movements? Or check up on you via your
email, Facebook, Twitter or by looking at your text messages?
- Do they use anger and intimidation to frighten you and make you
comply with demands?
- Has your partner ever threatened you, or intimidated you by
using violent language or smashing up the furniture?
- Are you forced to alter your behaviour because you are
frightened of your partner's reaction?
- Are you blamed for their behaviour e.g. they say you were
"asking for it" or deserved the abuse?
- Does your partner threaten to 'out' your sexual orientation or
If you answered yes to any of the above questions,
then you may be experiencing domestic violence. Abuse is a crime
and it is never your fault.
You don't have to deal with this alone. We are here to