In England the law states it is illegal to;
- Buy a knife when under the age of 18,
- Carry a knife without good reason, unless it has a folding
blade with a cutting edge of less than 3 inches long or less,
- Carry, buy or sell any type of banned
- Use any type of knife in a threatening way (even a legal
When you can use a knife legitimately;
- If it is used for or being transported to work,
- If it is being exhibited in a museum or gallery,
- If it is being used in a reactment, film, TV, theatre, or for
- If it is to be used for a demonstration.
Ultimately it will be a court that will decide if you have good
reason to be carrying a knife, if you are charged.