Lighting a grass fire in a public place is arson and
could lead to prosecution
Below are some useful facts about grassland fires.
- Nuisance grass fires in parks and open spaces are a type of
- Grass fires can easily spread and cause extensive damage -
killings plants, animals and even people.
- Lighting a grass fire in a public place is arson - you could be
- Some grass fires need several fire engines to attend due to the
risk or size of the fire.
- They are dangerous to yourself and others and could prevent the
Fire Service from attending to more serious emergencies.
- Most grass fires are started by children who think it is
- Report anyone looking to deliberately set fires in St.Helens
parks and open spaces to Merseyside Police on 101. In an emergency
- All fires need to be reported to Merseyside Fire Service on
Click here for advice from Merseyside Fire Service on how to
prevent grass fires.